Sunday, March 28, 2010

Fatburger - Atlanta, GA

Slim, am I allowed to do a restaurant review for Dank Game? What if the restaurant were owned by former Bengal great Willie Anderson? Well I already wrote the article, so if you don't like it you can go to hell. Or just delete it.

As readers may know, I have taken on the task of following any Bengals players - current or former - that I can find on Twitter. It's a near thankless task, with only one write-up yielded so far, as well as some random thoughts from Chad Ochocinco.

Well, if you follow Willie Anderson (WillAnderson79), sooner or later he will start hawking Fatburgers. He owns several locations in Atlanta, GA and like any good business man will use free publicity, including Twitter. One bold claim stuck with me; "Best veggie burgers in Atlanta."

My curiosity piqued from this bold proclamation, I drove by a Fatburger earlier this evening with an empty belly. I was disappointed that a drive-through service was not available, but I made the trek from my Honda Civic to the restaurant's interior undeterred. One word comes to mind to describe said interior: humble.

After taking a quick look around, I looked at the relatively simple menu and decided to order the Veggie burger, as well as "fat" fries, which also come in a "skinny" variety. Giving my order to the cashier, I added a heartfelt "to go, please." However, I would have to wait 8-10 minutes for my food to be cooked.

I snooped around the restaurant looking for evidence of Anderson's ownership. Sure enough, there was a bulletin board with several letters addressed to him as well as a photograph. There were also many banners with vaguely clever sayings, including "Did man really climb his way to the top of the food chain to eat soy." Ironic that I was about to find out the answer to that very enigma.

I was handed my bag of freshly prepared food and exited the fine establishment. On the drive home I ate all the fries while driving with my left hand. Nothing special, but if you want french fries you won't be disappointed.

But then I arrived home. And when I shoved that first bite of Fatburger into my mouth I knew Willie wasn't lying. The rather large soy patty, loaded with cheese, onions, tomatoes, lettuce and a truly special sauce quite possibly is the best veggie burger in Atlanta. Willie really wouldn't lie about that!

If man is supposed to eat soy, this is what it should taste like.

1 comment:

  1. I loved mine and would like to eat Fatburger again. Only problem is I get fussy waiting more than two minutes for food.

    ReplyDelete