Monday, March 8, 2010

John Mayer is Stealing Teenage Mustache's Thunder

Anyone that follows Dank Game with the slightest bit of regularity knows that Teenage Mustache is as big of a Thunder fan as you can find. When it was announced the Thunder's mascot Rumble the Bison (quickly becoming a Dank Game hero) won NBA Mascot of the year, he brought you the news. When the Thunder, um... wait, that's about the only relevant news regarding the Thunder that 'Stache has ever posted here on Dank Game. But still, believe me, this guy bleeds Thunder cyan, orange, navy and marigold... I guess that metaphor works better with teams that have a limited color palette, but you get my point. 'Stache is devoted to the Thunder. I mean, would a fair weather fan drive all the way to Oklahoma City from Atlanta for every Thunder home game dressed likes this? I don't think so.

Which brings me to John Mayer.

















John Mayer has revealed his allegiance with the Thunder and it seems he's more than just a casual fan. Not only does he sport a Thunder jersey, but it appears that he sports a customized Thunder jersey. That's a number 1 on his jersey, which no player on the Thunder wears. This leads me to believe that his jersey reads "MAYER" on the back and the number 1, of course, indicates that he is the Thunder's #1 fan.

It's time to take your Thunder fandom to new heights, 'Stache. This is supposed to be your team. A few years down the road when the Thunder become a legit title contender and you can finally grow a full mustache, you could become that unmistakable figure sitting courtside at every game. You could be to the Thunder what Spike Lee is to the Knicks or Jack Nicholson is to the Lakers. They play in Oklahoma City, so you probably have as good of a chance as the next guy. Only problem is that John Mayer stands in your way. Are you going to sit back and let some douche like John Mayer represent your team? I would hope not.

2 comments:

  1. Can't believe you thought the Rumble post was relevant.

    I did also blog about Durant winning the HORSE competition.

    My lack of celebrity is going to make it really hard to pull past John "Major Douche" Mayer. Maybe I could be like that guy who goes to Bengals games in a custom striped storm trooper costume though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please. Anything regarding Rumble the Bison is relevant.

    I figured your celebrity status would eventually take off. A photo of you was in some shitty Christian band's music video. I'm sure that will lead to some bigger roles.

    ReplyDelete