Monday, March 1, 2010

Sean Payton vs. Jerry Jones

First off, I apologize for a serious 'Stache absence of late from the blog. Truth is, not much has really happened of interest. There's always something going on in the NFL, but this time of year it's all combine workouts and restricted free agent tenders. If you don't know what these things are, I assure you it's just as unexciting as it sounds. I do promise some Ochocinco stories coming soon.

I did come across this hilarious item via Peter King of Sports Illustrated. With all the NFL coaches and general managers in Indianapolis for the scouting combine, all the high priced restaurants are quite busy. And thus Saints coach Sean Payton and Cowboys owner Jerry Jones had both made reservations at St. Elmo's Steakhouse on consecutive nights.

Apparently Jones also made a reservation for a particular expensive-sounding bottle of wine, Caymus Special Selection cabarnet sauvignon. So when Payton sits for his meal the night before Jone's reservation and asks for the same bottle of wine, the wait-staff informs him that their only remaining bottle is reserved.

You'd think the story would end here. Who would give away a bottle reserved by a billionaire? Well, apparently Sean Payton is a very persuasive man. He not only convinced the restaurant to give him the bottle, but he convinced them to present the empty bottle to Jones the next night with a special message:

WHO DAT!
World Champions XLIV
Sean Payton

ha!

Yeah, I'll be much happier when the offseason is over too.

1 comment:

  1. If I was Sean Payton, I would've included "SUCK IT!" somewhere in that message. I've always dreamed of telling Jerry Jones to suck it (this really isn't true) but I've never had the necessary clout to do so. I would imagine a Superbowl ring would give you more than enough clout to pull that off. If I was a graphic designer for the Bengals and they won the Superbowl, do you think I'd get a ring?

    ReplyDelete