Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Colangelo Trims 3

Ah the summer of 2010, world championship basketball is gearing up and Team USA looks pretty solid. I'm excited about Kevin Durant's introduction to the world basketball scene. Hopefully Jeff Green and Russell Westbrook will make the final cut and there will be an Oklahoma City Thunder triple threat repping USA--I'm sure 'Stache would get a kick out of that.

Unfortunately O.J. Mayo didn't make the squad. It's not too surprising he got cut considering the quality of guards on the roster, but I was hoping the former North College Hill star would make the team. Jerry Colangelo also trimmed the roster of Tyreke Evans and center JaVale McGee. I really thought they should have kept three centers, but then again I wanted them to keep Tyson Chandler for the '08 Olympics and they did alright without him. McGee could have been a good energy player off the bench. Chandler seems so gimpy anymore and Brook Lopez is more of a half court type of guy.

2 comments:

  1. Sucks Tyreke got cut. I think as a Dank Game free agent, the Kings are my new second favorite team. I'm psyched to see Tyreke and Cousins play together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OKC is America's team. Just send the Thunder over, they'll take care of business (even without the Congolese Squeeze)

    ReplyDelete