Thursday, January 21, 2010

Thursday Throwback Posterization: Tom Chambers over Mark Jackson



There's really not a lot I can say about this dunk. It pretty much speaks for itself. If there is anything to be said about it, Mitch Richmond sums it up well enough. There just isn't a lot that I can add to the conversations except, isn't that sick! Hey wait, it says that at the end of the video. Ok, I guess this video pretty much has all the bases covered. Oops, I just used an expression that references baseball.

In all seriousness, there is a few things I'd like to point out. Watch the slow motion clip at the end and take a moment to appreciate how furiously Chambers throws it down. Right after he barrels through Mark Jackson, he throws it down so hard that it looks like his arms are being fast-forwarded while everything else floats along in slow-mo. It's truly mesmerizing to me. And I don't go around calling any old thing mesmerizing.

The last thing I'd like to point out is the look of excitement in Mitch Richmond's eyes right after he says, "when Chambers went over Mark Jackson." You can tell that he's envisioning it in his mind as he speaks and it brings a smile to his face. It's things like this that make me love basketball. You can just tell that he truly appreciates that moment as much as me or the next hoop junkie.

One last thing. I love those retro Suns jerseys with the Old West typeface. If I could get a purple Kevin Johnson one, I could die a happy man.

1 comment: