Thursday, January 21, 2010

Cavs beat Lakers 93-87

Lebron is just too strong. His 'and one' plays against the Lakers were great. That layup he put in right above Ron Artest's outstretched hand was amazing. He can consistently take three Lakers to the cup and score over them no matter who they are. I think the Lakers are still definitely the favorite in the playoffs but they are older than they were last year and not just by one year because of the Trevor Ariza/Ron Artest swap. I'm not sure that they peaked last year, but some of the other top teams (Cavs, Magic, Nuggets) that have better young star players might be improving faster than them at this point. Lebron is a better scorer than he was last year. You can see it in his jumper, which looks more confident. It is borne out in the numbers too. His shooting percentage is up. So is his three point percentage. I know it was just a regular season game, but I can't wait for the playoffs.

5 comments:

  1. Man, I missed the game tonight. I played some hoops though, so it was a trade-off.

    Looks like the Cavs might have the Lakers number, even without Mo! I saw that highlight towards the end where LeBron tore through almost the entire Lakers defense. That's some serious shit.

    Also, those wine and gold jerseys look pretty nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wait, I forgot Pau Gasol is out. Maybe the Cavs don't have the Lakers number. Regardless, it would be a hell of a playoff series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nah, pau played. he got punked by lebron too, it was sweet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nevermind. For some reason I thought he was out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I watched the game at a Steelers bar, so it was bittersweet.

    ReplyDelete