Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Big Baby doesn't want to be called Big Baby anymore

Celtics coach Doc Rivers has said that Glen 'Big Baby' Davis needs to grow up after he was fined for telling a Pistons fan to "suck [his] dick" who had been heckling him, by calling him "fat boy" and "chubs." So how does he respond to Doc Rivers plea for growth? He wants to lose his life-long nickname, Big Baby. Yeah, you heard me, Big Baby doesn't want to be called Big Baby anymore.

"I've been called 'Big Baby' all through my life," said Big Baby before Monday's game against the Clippers. "But I'm going through changes. I'm in a cocoon and I'm coming out a different player, a different person. Basically, the new person is growth. I'm shedding that 'Big Baby' and you can see something else, not the past."

That's some heavy stuff, Big Baby.

Big Baby has requested that fans come up with a new nickname via his Twitter page (@GlenDavisNBA) to help him finally break out of his cocoon, a new man. I was thinking something along the lines of "The All Grown-up Big Boy" or Glen "100% Man" Davis.

Turns out his fans' suggestions were all for naught, as The Boston Metro's Jeff Howe suggested that Big Baby go with the nickname "Uno Uno," to reference his #11 jersey and pay homage to (read: blatantly rip-off) Dank Game hero, Chad Ochocinco.

"I like that," said Big Baby. "I'll be 'Uno Uno.' That's my new name. Don't Call me 'Big Baby' any more. 'Uno Uno.' I'm serious. If somebody calls me ('Big Baby'), I'll be really mad."

So, Uno Uno it is. What an original nickname. Rolls off the tongue perfectly, too. Uno Uno. Yeah, I like that. It's definitely gonna catch on, Big Baby... errr, I mean Uno Uno.

Shoot, I hope he doesn't get steamin' mad that I accidentally called him Big Baby. I wouldn't want Big Baby to have to unleash one of his notorious temper tantrums on me.

1 comment: