Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Patta x Nike Air Max 1 Premium

This Nike collaboration with Amsterdam's Patta released all the way back on Thanksgiving, but I'm not going to let that stop me from spreading the dopeness. I've always been a fan of the Air Max 1, but with this version Patta has taken it's classic style to new heights. Patta has worked with the Air Max 1 before (white/green and white/purple) with excellent results, but the use of colors and materials on this version are what set it apart. The purple material on the toe and ankle is a perforated suede, while the black is corduroy, and the mudguard is a greyish navy denim. The green swoosh and tongue tag tie it all together, while the red accents it just enough to keep the shoe from looking too earthy.

If I had never seen this shoe and you told me about all of the different colors and materials, I would probably tell you that it would look ugly. But somehow Patta made it work and sneakerheads have taken notice, as this shoe wound up on plenty of Best of 2009 lists. With that said, I didn't like about half of the stuff that popped up on said best of lists. I do, however, like these shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment