Thursday, January 21, 2010

Seanz Snax Vol. 1


Right back like I left something. I can only assume I've been sorely missed. Anyway, now for something I really care about. Don't get me wrong, sports are great, but they're so seasonal. What's the one thing that everyone cares about and that never goes out of season? Snacks. And, since I'm listed as a contributor to this blog, I thought I should start contributing. So, here goes: Seanz Snax Vol. 1.

This one's all about Voortman Iced Almonettes. If you like cookies, almond flavor, and a little icing, these are for you. Voortman was founded in 1951 in Canada by Dutch brothers Bill and Harry Voortman. That makes them international. I don't know if they're available everywhere in the US, I've never really looked for them outside of the Greater Cincinnati Area (GCA henceforth). They've got a pretty good lineup overall - Windmills, Oatmeal Raisins, Blueberry Turnovers - but the Iced Almonettes are the top dog in my book. Do what you must to get your hands on some.

Voortman

Unless I get a lot of shit for this, look for Vol. 2 in the coming weeks.

2 comments:

  1. If you had spelled it "Sean's Snacks" I would have probably given you shit for this. The Z and X make it alright as far as I'm concerned. I've never actually had these. They sound like my style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. as z-in-name-enthusiast im going to go ahead and vouch for these. looking forward to vol. 2!

    ReplyDelete