Monday, August 31, 2009

"Reggie Miller Stop Pursuing Married Women"

According to Larry Altman of the Daily Breeze, an airplane with a banner flew from Malibu to the South Bay this weekend that read, "Reggie Miller stop pursuing married women." This was during the AVP Hermosa Beach Open, so it definitely got some exposure.

Celebrity web sites have speculated that the ad might have been payed for by Alex von Fürstenberg, who is the son of fashion designer Diane von Fürstenberg and the stepson of media mogul Barry Diller. Apparently Reggie met von Fürstenberg's fiancée Ali Kay at a party last year and after running into her again at a grocery store in Malibu, he waited outside for her for an hour. He was also accused of sending Kay 53 text messages in less than four hours. Yikes, Reg. That's pretty damn creepy.

According to the Daily Mail, von Fürstenberg filled out a request for a restraining order – which was never filed – after confronting Reggie. According to von Fürstenberg, during this confrontation Miller threatened him.

"He said he had friends with guns. He implied I would get hurt if I didn't stop questioning him on his inappropriate pursuit of my fiancée and his attempts to subvert his efforts," von Fürstenberg wrote in the document.

After the issue was resolved, von Fürstenberg issued this statement: "I was very upset about Reggie's behavior towards my fiancée. I think people in Malibu share my views that being a famous basketball player should not provide some sort of shield against inappropriate behavior," he said.

"Reggie sincerely apologized to me on a phone call with Ronald Richards (Von Fürstenberg's attorney) and myself. I cannot comment further on the matter as I believe it has been resolved."

My Take on the Matter
I'm really hoping that this somehow gets Reggie fired from his broadcasting position with TNT, although it's doubtful considering Barkley was brought back after driving drunk. In my opinion, Reggie is by far the most annoying commentator for the NBA. He constantly mispronounces words (so does Barkley, but anything Barkley does wrong is endearing), he's all up on Kobe's dilsnick to the point of making me nauseous, and on a nightly basis he says straight up dumb shit that adds no insight to the game whatsoever. I liked Reggie as a player, but his broadcasting career and now this have really tainted my perception of him.

2 comments:

  1. I refuse to endorse taking Reggie Miller off the air if it in any way endangers Barkley's job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it might be a necessary sacrifice to get Reggie off the air once and for all.

    Ok, maybe I'm being a little rash.

    ReplyDelete