Tuesday, August 11, 2009

NBA's Top 10s 0f 2008-09

In spite of this Andy Hams fellow, I'm going to continue to wax nostalgic on the 2008-09 NBA season. FĂștbol is all well and good, but I definitely started this blog to talk primarily about the best sport ever. So I present to you, the NBA's Top 10s of the 2008-09 season. I meant to post this shit a while ago, but my computer died on me after I had written about the Top 10 Plays and I couldn't figure out how to widen the blog to fit 6x9 format videos.


Top 10 Plays
10. Somehow I missed out on this one during the season. Rodriguez getting that pass through such a small window is pretty unbelievable. Too bad we won't get to see more of Fernandez and Rodriguez together now that Rodriguez is on the Kings.
9. I swear that shit was staged, but it was amusing nonetheless.
8. Definitely one of the best posterizations of the year. It reminds me of why I loved Tyrus when I lived in Chicago during his rookie season. I can't help but feel for J.O. on that one. Dude got shat on so many times this year trying to block shots jumping off of one leg.
7. The fact that Kobe throws the ball off the glass to himself for a layup is ridiculous enough as is, but the fact that he's being guarded by one of the best perimeter defenders in the league and finishes with that one 7'6" Chinese dude under the hoop makes it totally absurd.
6. As if Vince Carter hadn't shat on Toronto enough already.
5. This is one of the few plays on here that I was lucky enough to catch live. At a Heat-Pacers game in Indianapolis, I snuck down to the good seats and happened to sit in front of Daequan Cook's cousin. She was cool as hell and I told her that I totally lost my shit when Daequan threw down Wade's lob. I also met Elton Brand's mom at Conseco Fieldhouse. She was a total sweetheart.
4. As far as I'm concerned, that was the best buzzer beater of the year, although Devin Harris' weird juggling heave coming up at #3 was definitely tight. That insane arc followed by the perfect swish is truly a thing of beauty.
3. This was another one I happened to catch live this season. I tuned in for the end of the game when I noticed it was close, and caught Devin's final shot. I thought that Iguodala had blocked him and was about to turn it off until I noticed the crowd going nuts. The refs having to review it killed the mood a little, but still, what an insane buzzer beater.
2. That was a pretty ballsy move by Wade, considering the Heat had a time-out left. I remember watching this live and seeing Brad Miller looking like he was about to cry, which was pretty hilarious. Unfortunately, they cut it out of this video, but Wade sort of swats a fan's hand away going for a high five as he steps up on the scorer's table to yell, "This is my house!"
1. I decided to go to the bar during this game and paused my DVR in hopes of coming home to watch it later. Of course, it didn't work. And of course, I missed out on one of the best finishes in the playoffs. Lebron's reaction is pretty hilarious.


Top 10 Dunks


Top 10 Blocks


Top 10 Assists


Top 10 Plays of the Finals



Top 10 Lakers Playoff Highlights

No comments:

Post a Comment