Friday, November 13, 2009

Ochocinco Updates

It's been too long since Dank Game checked in on 85. I take the blame. Chad did plenty of noteworthy things in the last several weeks, but there was never any one totally brilliant moment, forcing me to drop everything and let the world know. Or likely remind them, as I don't think Dank-Game has yet become anyone's first-stop shop for Bengals info. Perhaps in time.

On to the point: The most outrageous of Ochocinco's recent prank was trying to "bribe" the replay official. With a $1.00 bill.

Baltimore had challenged Ochocinco's catch, as it appeared he had stepped out of bounds. To keep his catch ruled a catch, he attempted to hand the official the dollar. I'd explain the whole thing to you in more detail, but this kid does a pretty good job:


And here is some recorded-off-TV-screen replay of it. Sorry, I could not find a better Youtube video of the actual incidence:


Chad was fined $20,000 for the "bribe." I think it was pretty clearly a joke but either way, Ocho is undeterred. On his Twitter page, he challenged, "child wait till you see what I do in Pittsburgh, remember I set aside fine fund before the season started, I'm just starting!!!"

Ochocinco also sent a care package of deodorant to the Raven's defense, since they were probably sweating the thought of covering him. No word on whether this was effective, as Ray Lewis was nowhere to be found after the game

According to ProFootballTalk, Chad also wanted to send mustard to the Steelers, presumably because they play at Heinz (ketchup) field. Marvin Lewis said no, but given Chad's recent tweet, he'll find something else ridiculous to do.

1 comment: