Saturday, February 13, 2010

Thunder Beat the Celtics . . .

. . . at h.o.r.s.e.

So it's not an actual game.  Hell, it's not even an exhibition game.  But I'll celebrate nonetheless.  Kevin Durant bested the Boston Celtic's Rajon Rondo in a last minute shootout.  It is his second consecutive NBA H.o.r.s.e. victory.

Durant and Rondo also easily handled Sacramento Kings rookie Omri Casspi.  Casspi was unfortunately "coached" by Charles Barkley, who I'm pretty sure called him Omar at least once.  Barkley also jumped rope shortly before the event started.

It's really too bad that Durant has won more H.o.r.s.e. titles than trips to the playoffs.  That's going to change this year though.  Well, I guess next year since even if the Thunder do make it to postseason basketball he'll still have won h.o.r.s.e. more times.  And even if the Thunder make the playoffs in consecutive years, it's always possible he'll continue winning the H.o.r.s.e. challenge.

Well at any rate, I'm really glad I accidently started rooting for this guy when I arbitrarily decided to root for the Thunder.

4 comments:

  1. I would be beyond thrilled with a Cavs-Thunder finals. I would have to assume this would lead to Cleveland's first championship (in any sport) probably since the '40s.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Picking the Cavs or OKC, 'Stache? And I thought you were a true Thunder fan. Psshh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well the Thunder are pretty awesome and all, and I'd love to see them win one for the great state/city of Oklahoma. But the Cavs are a little more battle tested right now.

    ReplyDelete