Monday, October 5, 2009

Advantage Artest

Alright, Mustache... so you think Ocho Cinco is crazier than Ron Artest, huh? Well if you ask me, Ocho has clearly gone down a couple of notches in Dank Game's Artest vs. Ocho Cinco Insanity Competition for breaking his promise of going all out for the NFL's hot pink breast cancer awareness promotion. I didn't see him sporting a pink chin strap or anything else unique from what other NFL players were wearing on Sunday. Is he afraid of a little fine all of a sudden? I thought he had money set aside for these things, 'stache? If Ocho ever did pull in the lead of Artest as Mustache claims, Ron Ron has upped the ante to reclaim his title of craziest professional athlete alive.

Artest recently did an interview for an article by Arash Markazi of Sports Illustrated and for no reason besides having fun, Artest hired 23-year old Turkish model Natalin Avci to do a sexy photo shoot with him after having met her in a hotel lobby. The photos apparently weren't supposed to run anywhere and were strictly for Ron's pleasure, but of course they've made their way to the internet.

Here are a couple of other excerpts from the article that help support my case that Artest is crazier than Ocho:

"Just weeks before the season he was on TV raising money for the Hasidic Jewish movement Chabad-Lubavitch, volunteering at an Iranian basketball camp, walking dogs at an animal shelter and taking some of his Twitter followers to a WNBA game, breakfast and bowling."

"'I signed for five years but I want to box, I want to fight a heavyweight fight in four years,' Artest said on more than one occasion. 'I started training already and I'm doing good and I think in four years I'll be ready to fight my first professional fight. I want to get four professional fights under my belt and see how I do and take it from there. That's been my goal for a long time. Whether I get knocked out or knock somebody out, I just want to fight.'"

Ok, I'll admit that some of that stuff isn't very crazy, but I am confident that Artest raising money for an Hasidic Jewish movement, claiming he wants to fight a heavyweight fight in four years despite being signed to a five-year contract, and paying for a photo shoot with a Turkish model simply for the fun of it clearly puts him ahead of Ocho Cinco once again... if he was ever behind in the first place. The ball is in your court, Mustache.

3 comments:

  1. Ocho probably has photo shoots with models all the time. He's just better at not leaking his shit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doubt it. On Hard Knocks it seemed like Ocho's girl had him well in check.

    ReplyDelete