Friday, April 2, 2010

Wade Turns Up the Heat in Indy

Tonight I had the pleasure of witnessing a 43-point performance by Dwyane Wade in a 105-96 overtime win against the Pacers. Typically I get to Pacers games early before they start checking ticket stubs for the lower section, but bad traffic led to us arriving shortly before tip-off. We nearly eluded an old guy who was checking some other people's tickets, but dude took his job seriously and chased us down. Even if we had escaped that diligent old man, it would have been tough to find vacant seats because this weekend's Final Four in Indianapolis brought in a considerable crowd for the oft-empty Conseco Fieldhouse. Normally I wouldn't mind sitting in the nosebleeds, but it would've been nice this time to see Dwyane Wade do stuff like this from up close:



And that was just one of many highlight worthy plays by Wade.

Michael Beasley struggled yet again as my faith in him continues to fade. I really want to believe in the kid, but he just doesn't seem to quite get it. He did come out strong at the beginning of the game with a few encouraging plays, including this drive on Troy Murphy AKA Big Ugly:



But overall, the self-proclaimed Supercool Beas was pretty disappointing. He and Haslem couldn't contain Big Ugly, who finished the game with 29 points and 15 boards! Also, Big Ugly had the runner-up for play of the game with this put back dunk:



It was a great game to see, especially since the two Heat games I went to last season at Conseco Fieldhouse were losses. And one of them was a heart breaker that ended with a would-be game winner by Wade that just rimmed out. This time around, Wade sealed the deal in OT with consecutive three-pointers that had me grimacing upon their release, but celebrating after they dropped. The victory extended the Heat's win streak to seven games and moved them ahead of Milwaukee for the 5th seed.

3 comments:

  1. You know I had to check out 'big ugly' after this post. I tried googling 'pacers big ugly' and came up only with your original post. Guess the name is not catching on. Then I tried 'Troy Murphy pacers' and came up with this photo-

    http://cdn2.sbnation.com/fan_shot_images/77905/troymurphy.jpg

    It's official. This dude is busted. However- I am really into this astronaut outfit. Reminds me of my space camp days and disgusting space ice cream. I need to know- Has this man been in space? I sure hope so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately, my friend Ryan and I are the only people that call Troy Murphy Big Ugly at this point. It's only a matter of time before it catches on, though.

    As for the astronaut outfit, I think you've been deceived by a decent Photoshop job. Sorry to break it to you.

    Also, you're trippin if you think space ice cream is disgusting. I love that shit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, SlimMcDreamCrusher :(

    ReplyDelete